Monday, April 30, 2012

Wrinkle in Time - Board Games (5th grade)

As a GT performance assessment tool, I gave my students the option to retell the plot of the A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle in a comic book format or create and design a board game, with certain guidelines given (i.e. must include all major settings from the story, must incorporate vocabulary, etc.).  All groups chose to create the board game, and they generated some very creative final products, such as the one below:


One very ambitious group chose to create theirs on the computer using PowerPoint and astounded me with their interactive design.  Here are some screenshots:



5 comments:

PSVantine0526 said...

Could you please sent your requirements?? I am very interested in this. My students are currently reading this story. My email is stephanie.allen@killeenisd.org

VIRGINIA said...

I WOULD LIKE THEM TOO, SEND TO IAMVIRG@AOL.COM. THANK YOU!

Unknown said...

Could you also send the requirements to me?

Unknown said...

i would love a copy too

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I would love to have the requirements too please. elaina.daniels@yahoo.com